Sunday, March 27, 2011

Haldir's Elves - Legendary Formation

I managed to finish the Galadhrim banner bearer model I had, to add to my recently completed Galadhrim warriors.


This then allowed me to put together the Legendary Formation of Haldir's Elves...


This formation seemed the perfect place to include Galadriel, Celeborn and a Stormcaller...


...and a little help from Rivendell, in the form of Elrond and his twin sons, Elladan and Elrohir. Just enough figures to complete the legendary formations maximum size of four companies. I am not sure I would field these like this, its a lot of 'eggs in one basket' so to speak, but I imagine it would be quite a powerful formation on the battlefield.

It makes for a very nice picture too ;-)

PS... actually just checked the army lists, for some reason Haldir's Elves cannot include a Stormcaller. I can only assume therefore that this formation is the 'Legendary Formation' that arrived at Helms Deep in the movie, without a Stormcaller...
Still, its still possible to put the above together, just using a regular Galadhrim regiment.
This one formation with all Heroes as listed, comes in at a little over 1000 points for WOTR!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on my blog. It is always nice to get feedback.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...